Joint Pain (Knee, Back, and Shoulder)
Get Relief for Your Knee, Back, and Shoulder Pain!
Dr. Murray has extensive experience with pain relieving injections in the knee, back, and shoulder.
- Platelet Rich Plasma Injections – can be used to potentially reduce knee pain and improve knee function in patients with early stages of osteoarthritis. PRP therapy is created by drawing a small sample of the patient’s own blood and placing it in a centrifuge which spins the blood at high speeds and separates out the plasma from the other blood components. The Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) is then injected into the knee, which activates growth factors and stem cells which can decrease symptoms of osteoarthritis, decrease inflammation and possibly help repair the knee tissue.
- Viscosupplementation – FDA approved treatment for Osteoarthritis of the knee which involves the injection of hyaluronic acid into the affected joint in the hopes of returning some mobility to the joint. Products available include Orthovisc, Hyalgan, and Euflexxa.
- Genicular nerve block – Used for treatment in patients with failed knee replacements, post knee replacement pain, and those who wish to avoid surgical intervention. Genicular nerves innervate the areas around the knee joint, blocking these nerves may alleviate pain and restore function.
- Suprascapular nerve block (Ultrasound guided) – used to treat chronic shoulder pain from arthritis or degenerative shoulder disease.
- Epidural Steroid Injection – treats lower back and leg pain by reducing the inflammation and pain associated with nerve root compression which can be caused by herniated discs, spinal stenosis, and bone spurs.
- Caudal Injection (Ultrasound guided) – injection into the lowest portion of the epidural space. A caudal steroid injection can help reduce lower back and leg pain caused by sciatica, herniated discs, bone spurs or other back problems.